Updated: September 14, 2020
At the RCCG Glory House, the health and safety of our members are of utmost importance to us. Hence, we have put in a place Risk Mitigation Strategy as we commence in-person worship services during this COVID-19 pandemic period. We will continue to monitor government policies and update this strategy when the need arises. Kindly visit this page and our In-Person Service Guidelines page frequently for any update.
Find below our current Risk Mitigation Strategy as we commence in-person worship services:Registration
- Every worshipper attending our services must sign up in advance via our website. Registration is mandatory
- Online service registration will generally begin at noon each Wednesday preceding the Sunday service. The portal will remain open until we reach the capacity allowed by government guidelines
- Any worshipper below 12 years of age or over the age of 65 years will NOT be allowed to participate in the worship service during the first phase of re-opening
- Children will continue to meet online (Sundays at 04:00 PM) during the first phase of re-opening
- We will continue live-streaming of our services on Fridays at 07:00 PM and on Sundays at 10:00 AM for those unable to attend in person
Every worshipper must answer NO to ALL the following questions during registration:
- Do you have a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever above 38ºC in the last 3 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone with these symptoms (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever above 38ºC) in the past 14 days?
- Are you currently living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled anywhere with a significant number of new COVID-19 cases, or is considered a COVID-19 “hot spot” in the last 14 days?
- Are you living with, or have frequent contact with, someone over the age of 65 or who has a serious underlying health condition?
- There will be pre-screening of every worshipper upon arrival; this will include having their temperature checked. Any person with a temperature above 38ºC will not be allowed to enter church premises
- Each worshipper will sanitize their hands upon arrival, hand sanitizing stations have been made available
- Wearing of non-medical mask is mandatory according to the City of Mississauga By-law
- Frequently touched areas will be wiped-off regularly at specified time-periods
- All washrooms will be closed except for emergencies or on an as-needed basis
- Every washroom is designated adequately with signs and markings
- Washrooms will be deep-cleaned frequently, and soap dispensers refilled regularly
- Entrance door handles to washrooms will be cleaned frequently
- We have removed some of the auditorium seats and re-arranged the rest to ensure physical distancing between individuals/families is maintained
- The floor has been marked appropriately to encourage physical distancing
- Different points of entry and exit from the church have been assigned appropriately
- The number of people singing in the choir is reduced and limited to necessity. Choir members are at a safe distance from one another, and the congregation
- Sharing of microphones is PROHIBITED. The Microphones shall be cleaned and disinfected according to the manufacturer’s instructions after each use
- Standing and sitting 6 feet (2 meters) apart will be enforced
- Handshakes, hugging, touching, or passing items between people are NOT allowed except between members of the same household. Instead, smiling, waving, and nodding are encouraged upon arrival, or at the end of services
- Based on public health guidelines, we will not be providing food and beverages before, during, or after services until further notice
- Every worshipper will receive their pre-packed communion items during Holy Communion service
- Contactless donation during service is our preferred option
- You can also give via our website
- If you cannot give your donation electronically, you can drop your offerings in offering baskets placed towards the exit door of the sanctuary. Ushers will NOT pass offering baskets around during service